Get a sculpted, toned, flat, and contoured midsection with a tummy tuck. A tummy tuck, also known as an abdominoplasty helps permanently eliminate large folds of skin, tighten loose and sagging skin, and dramatically improve your confidence. Your tummy tuck will be completely tailored and customizable to meet your unique needs. Dr. Roth and his team will guide you through step-by-step procedures to help choose the right treatment option for you, whether it be a traditional tummy tuck or a mini tummy tuck.
What is a Tummy Tuck?
A tummy tuck can have a profound effect on your lifestyle, by getting rid of sagging skin and excess fat around your midsection.
Dr. Roth will explain and advise which surgical procedure matches your goals. A tummy tuck can be performed two ways: a traditional abdominoplasty, which involves incisions that extend from hip to hip or a mini tummy tuck, in which involves a small incision in your pelvic area.
A traditional tummy tuck is performed under general anesthesia. Dr. Roth will produce dramatic results by creating and incision from one hip bone to the other, with a cut around the belly button. A mini tummy tuck is an easier, shorter, and less extensive procedure. Houston tummy tuck patients that have a small amount of excess skin underlying their abdominal muscles can choose to go with a mini tummy tuck. In both procedures, the skin is separated from the abdominal wall and the abdominal muscles are realigned. The excess fat and skin is then removed, before the belly button is repositioned and stitched into place. Finally the skin is pulled together and stitched.
Advantages of getting a Tummy Tuck
Dr. Roth can restore your lower abdomen, removing unwanted volume, tightening skin and creating an improved body contour.
While this procedure if not an alternative for weight loss, it can do a lot of good:
- Enhance and contour your body shape
- Improvement of well-being by improving severe imbalances
- Abdominal tone can be increased, which in turn can help your posture, creating an overall slimmer appearance
- Stress urinary incontinence can be reduced, which is often experienced after giving birth.
What to expect during tummy tuck procedure?
Arrival to our Houston Office
We know first impressions matter and have created a warm, welcoming environment for our patients right in our downtown Houston surgery office. When you check in at the reception desk, you can fill out forms if you haven’t submitted them electronically.
Meeting the Plastic Surgeon’s Assistant
When you are called to begin your appointment, you will first meet with a medical assistant (often a nurse), who then reviews your medical history with you and help you get comfortable.
Meeting the Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Roth is a personable, compassionate professional. He cares deeply about giving his patients having a wonderful experience from their first consultation through long-term follow-up. His friendly, easy-going, and relaxed attitude puts even the most anxious patients at ease.
Dr. Roth knows that every patient is unique. Together with his staff, he all the time necessary to individualize your care based on your personal needs. He carefully explains your options in easy-to-understand language before making his recommendations so that you can then determine the final treatment choice.
Your easy and quick recovery
We advise a recovery time of around six weeks after abdominoplasty procedure. Dr. Roth will discuss the exact amount of time you will need to consider before your return to normal levels of activity. Once the anesthesia wears off, you may feel a little nauseated, dizzy, and disoriented- medication will be given to reach comfort. Your incision site may be covered with a sterile dressing to protect and help the area remain clean. Depending on the extent of your tummy tuck, Dr. Roth may place some tubes to drain away excessive fluid.
It is important to return to West Ave Plastic Surgery for follow-up exams to monitor healing results. Call our Houston office today to schedule your consultation!
Common Tummy Tuck Questions to Discuss with Dr. Roth
- How does tummy tuck surgery change your body, and why you do want to change it?
- How do you feel about your body now? What specific changes do you want to see after the abdominoplasty?
- What are the best procedure(s) to help you realize your goals? What are the results that can be expected from each procedure, including the benefits and risks of each?
- What’s involved in abdominoplasty surgery (e.g., kinds of incisions, anesthesia type, and recovery timeframe)?
- Is the doctor board certified in plastic surgery? (Dr. Roth is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is also a member of the Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).
- Can this procedure be combined with another surgical procedure
- How regularly has the plastic surgeon performed that procedure?
- Where does the abdominoplasty take place? Is it certified for patient safety? What are the credentials of their surgical staff?
- Who is the anesthesiologist? What kind of certification do they have?
- How would an emergency be handled during surgery?
- How has the doctor helped patients with similar physical issues and concerns? (Dr. Roth is going to show you before and after photos of a tummy tuck and their results).
More Common tummy tuck Surgery Questions
How long is the pain from a tummy tuck surgical procedure?
Usually 85-90% of patients do not feel any pain after about three days. Dr. Roth will prescribe pain medication to relieve and ease your pain for a comfortable recovery.
Can I have other procedures done at the same time a tummy tuck?
The answer to this is yes. In Dr. Roth’s Houston office, he performs abdominoplasty for patients that mainly say they want to improve the appearance of their stomach; such as an arm lift or breast lift. This allows for a one-time recovery and prevents from multiple anaesthesia injections and incisions.
What other cosmetic procedures are usually accompany a tummy tuck?
Dr. Roth also offers tummy tucks as part of full body contouring. This highly personalized treatment plan can combine several body lift procedures, including tummy tuck, thigh lift, arm lift, and more. This unique approach is most common among patients who have recently undergone massive weight loss.
Where does the surgery take place?
Procedures are done at Dr. Roth’s doctors office in Houston offers the latest amenities and is AAAA certified—the ultimate in surgical accreditation for patient safety.
How much time off should I take from work and exercising?
Usually, Dr. Roth will advises you to stay away from work and exercise for two to three weeks. That is the amount of time needed for bruising and swelling to go down.
When can I shower and/or swim?
You may take a nice bath, resume swimming, and/or get into a hot tub about four weeks after surgery. You may consult with Dr. Roth before doing any of these activities to prevent any risk of infection.
How much does a tummy tuck cost in Houston, TX?
A surgeon’s fee in Houston, TX may vary based on the type of cosmetic procedure chosen during consultation and your envisioned outcome from the plastic surgery.
What are included in tummy tuck costs?
Some of the items included in the total cost of cosmetic surgery include anesthesia fees, medical tests, prescriptions for medications, and surgeon’s fee. Dr. Roth and his Houston staff will consult with you affordable cosmetic surgery and customize an abdominoplasty package just for you.