Breast Reduction Surgery
Breast Reduction surgery can be beneficial in many ways. It creates a more balanced body contour with a higher, firmer bust line. Patients may choose to have a breast reduction performed alone or in combination with other procedures to enhance the final result. Dr. Roth and his team will take the time to thoroughly explain all of your options to meet your surgical goals.
There can be many reasons why women want breast reduction surgery. This surgery can be performed alone or in combination with other cosmetic procedures that complement the main surgery. Patients who desire a breast reduction are trying to stop symptoms that are caused by heavy breasts.
What is Breast Reduction Surgery?
Breast Reduction is designed to reduce the size of the breasts by removing excess skin and breast tissue. The repositioning of the breast is needed to give the breast a finished, natural look. Undergoing a breast reduction will enable you to move more freely, exercise without discomfort and wear the clothes you want without feeling self-conscious. The result of this procedure has left patients in awe. This has been a life-changing decision that has had a great impact.
Breast reduction surgery is carried out under general anesthesia, although IV sedation is available in some cases. To reduce the breasts, Dr. Roth will remove the extra amount of breast and fatty tissue, while also uplifting the breast tissue to give a more lifted and firm appearance. He proudly uses the innovative vertical incision, or “short scar,” technique. He will place the incisions around the areola and down to the breast crease. This method eliminates the need for an additional incision along the breast crease, and it usually results in a shorter recovery. The incisions also allow Dr. Roth to keep the natural round shape of your breasts, while still reducing their size.
After creating the incisions, the doctor will remove any excess skin, fat, and muscle tissue. If necessary, he will also relocate your nipple and areola, placing them higher up on your breast. In almost all cases, the tissues remain attached to the underlying nerves, so you should retain normal sensation in these areas. If your areolas have been stretched out of shape, Dr. Roth will also remove tissues from the perimeter to create a more pleasing appearance.
Finally, he will close up the incisions with sutures or surgical tape, and he may place drainage tubes to help eliminate fluids during the healing process.The length of time for the procedure will vary, based on the amount of reduction to be done. Dr. Roth usually performs breast reduction on an outpatient basis, unless otherwise noted.
Benefits of Breast Reduction
A breast reduction, also known as, reduction mammoplasty, can help relieve uncomfortable physical symptoms like back and neck pain, skin irritation, etc.
If you experience any of the following symptoms below, breast reduction is the answer for you:
- Very large breasts that cause distress and discomfort
- Heavy, pendulous breasts that cause discomfort or that you may be self-conscious of
- Backache and breast pain
- Self-esteem issues and difficulty buying clothing and underwear that fits
- Inability to exercise without pain and discomfort
- A desire to wear certain types of clothing that your breasts stop you from being able to.
What to expect during breast enlargement procedure?
Arrival to our Houston Office
We know first impressions matter and have created a warm, welcoming environment for our patients right in our centrally located Houston clinic. When you check in at the reception desk, you can fill out forms if you haven’t submitted them electronically.
Meeting the Plastic Surgeon’s Assistant
When you are called to begin your appointment, you will first meet with a Physician Assistant, who will review your medical history and help you get comfortable. Dr. Roth has two Physician Assistants on staff, and they will be involved in every step of your consult and surgery.
Meeting the Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Roth is a personable, compassionate professional. He cares deeply about giving his patients having a wonderful experience from their first consultation through long-term follow-up. His friendly, easy-going, and relaxed attitude puts even the most anxious patients at ease.
Dr. Roth knows that every patient is unique. Together with his staff, he takes all the time necessary to individualize your care based on your personal needs. He carefully explains your options in easy-to-understand language before making his recommendations so that you can then determine the final treatment choice.
Why is Dr. Roth the Right Surgeon for Breast Reduction Surgery?
Based in Houston, Dr. Roth is a leading plastic surgeon offering breast reduction surgery. Changing the lives of hundreds, Dr. Roth enables his patients to live the life they have always desired. Taking the time to carefully understand each of his clients’ individual needs, Dr. Roth ensures the results matches expectations, for the best possible results.
Dr. Roth provides his patients the utmost care, from the initial consultation to the post-op visits, to ensure all of concerns are met.
We provide a full aftercare program to ensure your recovery is smooth and comfortable, helping you every step of the way to get the best results from your procedure.
After surgery, Dr. Roth will provide you with dressings and a soft, supportive bra. Pain medications will be given to relieve your pain, as needed. Drainage tubes will be placed, which will need to be changed periodically. Post-op appointments will be made by Dr. Roth.
This will be around seven days after your surgery so that we can care for your wound and make sure that you are recovering well.
Interested in breast reduction surgery with Dr. Roth? Get in touch to book a consultation.
COMMON BREAST REDUCTION QUESTIONS TO DISCUSS WITH DR. ROTH
- How does breast reduction surgery change your body, and why you do want to change it?
- How do you feel about your body now? What specific changes do you want to see after the surgery? Do you want a fuller look?
- What are the best cosmetic procedure(s) to help you realize your goals?
- What are the results that can be expected from each procedure, including the benefits and risks of each? (In this scenario, you may ask about a breast implants alongside your reduction for a perkier, fuller look)
- What’s involved in the surgery (e.g., kinds of incisions, anesthesia type, and recovery timeframe)?
- Is the doctor board certified in plastic surgery? (Dr. Roth is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is also a member of the Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).
- How many times has the plastic surgeon performed the procedure(s) you are considering?
- Can this procedure be combined with a breast lift procedure?
- How regularly has the surgeon performed that procedure?
- Where does breast implant surgery take place? Is it certified for patient safety? What are the credentials of their surgical staff?
- Who is the anesthesiologist? What kind of certification do they have?
- How would an emergency be handled during surgery?
- How has the doctor helped patients with similar physical issues and concerns? (Dr. Roth is going to show you photos of breast reductions both before and after photos surgery so that you can see the results obtained.).
COMMON BREAST REDUCTION SURGERY QUESTIONS
How long is the pain from breast reduction surgery?
85-90% of patients do not feel any pain beyond about three days. Dr. Roth will prescribe pain medication to relieve and ease your pain for a comfortable recovery. You are fitted for a comfortable sports bra – and the swelling and “drop” will take place within the first few weeks after surgery.
When can I shower and/or swim?
You may shower almost immediately after surgery. You may take a nice bath, resume swimming, and/or get into a hot tub about four weeks after surgery. You may consult with Dr. Roth before doing any of these activities to prevent any risk of implant infection.
Once I get this procedure done, am I able to breastfeed after pregnancy?
Most women are very concerned as to whether they will be able to breastfeed after pregnancy. The answer is yes even with a breast lift, breast reduction surgery will not prevent you from brecodetfeeding.
What are included in breast reduction costs?
Some of the items included in the total cost of the cosmetic surgery include anesthesia fees, medical tests, post-surgery garments, prescriptions for medications, and surgeon’s fee. Dr. Roth and his staff will help put together a breast reduction package, customized just for you.