Breast implants involve using implants to increase the size of your breasts, improve breast asymmetry, or restore your breast volume. Dr. Roth knows that every patient is unique. Together with his staff, he spends all the time necessary to individualize your case based on your personal needs.
What is involved in Breast Implant surgery?
Also known as breast enlargement, a breast implant procedure involves the insertion of implants under the breast tissue. Breast implants will help increase the fullness of your breasts and enhance your self-image.
Dr. Roth uses the advanced dual-plane method of implant placement. With this technique, he will position your implant below your pectoral muscle through a small four-centimeter incision, hidden in your breast crease. This technique minimizes visible scarring and provides a more natural look. In addition, Dr. Roth uses the Keller Funnel™ insertion sleeve to provide “no-touch” surgery. Because he will never physically handle your implant, you will face an almost negligible (less than 0.05%) risk of infection and capsular contracture. After placing your implant, Dr. Roth will carefully close up the incisions with sutures or tape. The entire surgery typically takes an hour or less.
Dr. Roth will first start out with a tiny inframammary incision along the crease under the breast. This incision prevents any capsular contracture issues and nipple sensitivity. Once the incision is made, Dr. Roth will then place the implants into the subpectoral pockets, which lie under the chest wall. Dr. Roth uses this bi-dimensional planning for allowance of precise measurements of patients so that way the right implant size can be placed in.
Next, the implants will be inserted and positioned to create a natural and attractive shape. Finally, the incision will be stitched.
Why get Breast Implants?
Breast implants can dramatically improve your confidence and self-image. You may want to consider breast implants if you experience from any of the following:
- You have naturally small breasts that cause self-confidence issues.
- You have small breasts with excess skin after pregnancy, weight loss or from the natural aging process
- You have one breast larger than the other or misshapen breasts
- You are not confident removing your bra with your partner and wear clothes to hide your breasts.
Implants can help with various problems relating to small, empty or misshapen breasts, and can dramatically change your lifestyle; breast Implants will give you the confidence you deserve.
What to expect during breast enlargement procedure?
Arrival to our Houston Office
We know first impressions matter and have created a warm, welcoming environment for our patients right in our downtown Houston surgery office. When you check in at the reception desk, you can fill out forms if you haven’t submitted them electronically.
Meeting the Plastic Surgeon’s Assistant
When you are called to begin your appointment, you will first meet with a medical assistant (often a nurse), who then reviews your medical history with you and help you get comfortable.
Meeting the Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Roth is a personable, compassionate professional. He cares deeply about giving his patients having a wonderful experience from their first consultation through long-term follow-up. His friendly, easy-going, and relaxed attitude puts even the most anxious patients at ease.
Dr. Roth knows that every patient is unique. Together with his staff, he all the time necessary to individualize your care based on your personal needs. He carefully explains your options in easy-to-understand language before making his recommendations so that you can then determine the final treatment choice.
Why is Dr. Roth the Right Surgeon for Breast Enlargement Surgery?
With a wealth of experience, Dr. Roth is a graduate of Baylor College of Medicine in General Surgery and Plastic Surgery. Based in Houston, Dr. Roth takes a fresh approach to breast enlargement, taking the time to fully understand the patient and their unique needs and requirements.
At our Houston practice, you will receive a full service including aftercare. We aim to make you feel comfortable and strive to ensure we deliver the results you desire.
Recovery from Breast Implants:
After your breast enlargement surgery, you will need to wear a post-surgical bra to support and protect your breasts. A full recovery is usually made between 4-6 weeks, and you should be able to return to work a few days after your surgery.
We will provide you with a step-by-step instructional guide for your speedy recovery. Take things steady when you arrive home, and arrange someone to help you out if possible for a day or two. We recommend that you have an MRI scan three years after undergoing breast enlargement surgery to ensure that everything is as it should be, followed by a scan every two years after.
Dr. Roth loves spending time with patients to go over their goals and desired needs.
COMMON BREAST ENLARGEMENT QUESTIONS TO DISCUSS WITH DR. ROTH
- How does breast enhancement surgery change your body, and why you do want to change it?
- How do you feel about your body now? What specific changes do you want to see after the surgery? Do you want a more fuller look?
- What are the best cosmetic procedure(s) to help you realize your goals?
- What are the results that can be expected from each procedure, including the benefits and risks of each? (In this scenario, you may ask about a breast implants alongside your enlargement for a more perkier, fuller look)
- What’s involved in the surgery (e.g., kinds of incisions, anesthesia type, and recovery timeframe)?
- Is the doctor board certified in plastic surgery? (Dr. Roth is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is also a member of the Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).
- How many times has the plastic surgeon performed the procedure(s) you are considering?
- Can this procedure be combined with breast reconstruction surgery?
- How regularly has the surgeon performed that procedure?
- Where does breast implant surgery take place? Is it certified for patient safety?
- What are the credentials of their surgical staff?
- Who is the anesthesiologist? What kind of certification do they have?
- How would an emergency be handled during surgery?
- How has the doctor helped patients with similar physical issues and concerns? (Dr. Roth is going to show you before and after photos of breast implants and their results).
COMMON BREAST ENLARGEMENT SURGERY QUESTIONS
How long is the pain from breast enhancement surgery?
Usually 85-90% of patients do not feel any pain after about three days. Dr. Roth will prescribe pain medication to relieve and ease your pain for a comfortable recovery. You are fitted for a comfortable fitted front zip sports bra- the swelling and “drop” will take place within the following few weeks after surgery.
When can I shower and/or swim?
You may take a nice bath, resume swimming, and/or get into a hot tub about four weeks after surgery. You may consult with Dr. Roth before doing any of these activities to prevent any risk of implant infection.
Once I get this procedure done, am I able to breastfeed after pregnancy?
Most women are very concerned as to whether they will be able to breastfeed or not after pregnancy. The answer is yes even with a breast lift, breast augmentation surgery will not prevent you from breastfeeding.
How long do breast implants last and when would they need to be replaced?
Breast implants usually need to be replaced around about every ten years. Again, this depends on the patient and if they desire a change.
How much does breast implant Surgery cost in Houston, TX?
A surgeon’s fee in Houston, TX may vary based on the type of implants chosen during consultation, the cost of the implants chosen, and your envisioned outcome from the cosmetic surgery.
What are included in breast implant costs?
Some of the items included in the total cost of the cosmetic surgery include anesthesia fees, medical tests, post-surgery garments, prescriptions for medications, and surgeon’s fee. Dr. Roth and his staff will consult your affordable breast enhancement customized package just for you.
Is a Breast enlargement with Implants Right for Me?
When deciding between those two surgical procedures, you must ask yourself a few questions-Do you like how they look now but want to make them more perkier? More youthful? More volumized? All of those combined?
How Much does a Breast Enlargement procedure with Implants Cost?
The cost of getting both surgeries performed can range due to what type of lift you are getting and the type of implants chosen for you to get the best results. Dr. Roth will create a customized package for you during your initial consultation.