An arm lift (also known as brachioplasty) is a surgical procedure that uses various techniques to remove excess tissue and create a tighter, more toned appearance around the upper arm area. Most patients receive an arm lift after significant weight loss. The procedure will enhance the appearance of your arms significantly by removing the extra skin “bat wing” from the elbows to the axilla.
What is an Arm Lift?
Through arm lift surgery we can reduce the circumference of the upper arms, while tightening the skin for a more toned look. Dr. Roth will contour the arms by making an ellipse excision of the medial aspect of the upper arm. The tissue will be tightened and reshaped. The incisions are then closed to create your contoured look. In some cases, the excess skin will be tucked into the armpit or removed completely. The incision is then stitched closed for minimal scarring.
Brachioplasty can take around two hours, but Dr. Roth will advise you on this before surgery. Liposuction may be used as an alternative in your treatment in order to achieve the most precise tone and definition, Dr. Roth will discuss the best procedure for you in advance to deliver the most effective and natural results.
Benefits of Arm Lift Surgery
Excess arm tissue can result from a number of factors from a number of factors from excessive weight loss to simply being a part of the natural aging process. With undergoing arm lift surgery, you will experience instant results and give you a new lease of life.
Benefits listed below:
- Excess fat and skin on the arms will be removed for a more defined upper arm look
- Arm shape fitting more naturally with your body
- After arm lift surgery you feel confident, enabling you to wear what you desire
Why have Arm Lift Surgery with Dr. Roth?
Dr. Roth has treated many patients over the years through arm lift surgery, dramatically improving their quality of life and confidence. As a graduate of Baylor College of Medicine in General Surgery and Plastic Surgery, Dr. Roth now practices in his own Houston clinic, with an experienced professional team to provide you with the best care possible.
What to expect during arm lift procedure?
Arrival to our Houston Office
We know first impressions matter and have created a warm, welcoming environment for our patients right in our downtown Houston doctors office. When you check in at the reception desk, you can fill out forms if you haven’t submitted them electronically.
Meeting the Plastic Surgeon’s Assistant
When you are called to begin your appointment, you will first meet with a medical assistant (often a nurse), who then reviews your medical history with you and help you get comfortable.
Meeting the Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Roth is a personable, compassionate professional. He cares deeply about giving his patients having a wonderful experience from their first consultation through long-term follow-up. His friendly, easy-going, and relaxed attitude puts even the most anxious patients at ease.
Dr. Roth knows that every patient is unique. Together with his staff, he all the time necessary to individualize your care based on your personal needs. He carefully explains your options in easy-to-understand language before making his recommendations so that you can then determine the final treatment choice.
What to expect after the surgical procedure
Dr. Roth will work hard with his team to create a full recovery plan and care after your treatment. You may need to stay with us overnight after your treatment, so that we can keep a close eye on your progress immediately after your surgery. You will require someone to take you home after treatment, and stay with you to help out for the first few days.
We recommend that you take two weeks off work, to fully recover, but this will depend on your profession and your treatment discussed during your initial consultation. Any surgical drains and surface stitches will be removed after 5-10 days, and you will be advised to wear a surgical stocking after surgery.
Dr. Roth and his team will inform you of everything that you need to know to plan ahead for a smooth and restful recovery. Call us to book your initial consultation and make your goals and desires come true.
Common Arm Lift Questions to Discuss with Dr. Roth
- How does arm lift surgery change your body, and why you do want to change it?
- How do you feel about your body now? What specific changes do you want to see after the brachioplasty?
- What are the best procedure(s) to help you realize your goals? What are the results that can be expected from each procedure, including the benefits and risks of each?
- What’s involved in brachioplasty surgery (e.g., kinds of incisions, anesthesia type, and recovery timeframe)?
- Is the doctor board certified in plastic surgery? (Dr. Roth is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is also a member of the Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).
- How many times has the plastic surgeon performed the procedure(s) you are considering?
- Can this procedure be combined with another surgical procedure?
- How regularly has the surgeon performed that procedure?
- Where does the brachioplasty take place? Is it certified for patient safety? What are the credentials of their surgical staff?
- Who is the anesthesiologist? What kind of certification do they have?
- How would an emergency be handled during surgery?
- How has the doctor helped patients with similar physical issues and concerns? (Dr. Roth is going to show you before and after photos of arm lifts and their results).
More Common Arm Lift Surgery Questions
How long is the pain from an arm lift surgical procedure?
Usually 85-90% of patients do not feel any pain after about three days. Dr. Roth will prescribe pain medication to relieve and ease your pain for a comfortable recovery.
Can I have other procedures done at the same time as an arm lift?
The answer to this is yes. In Dr. Roth’s Houston office, he performs brachioplasty for patients that mainly say they want to improve the appearance of their arms; such as a tummy tuck or breast lift. This allows for a one-time recovery and prevents from multiple anaesthesia injections and incisions.
Where does the surgery take place?
Procedures are done at Dr. Roth’s surgery center in Houston offers the latest amenities and is AAAA certified—the ultimate in surgical accreditation for patient safety.
How much time off should I take from work and exercising?
Usually, Dr. Roth will advises you to stay away from work and exercise for two to three weeks. That is the amount of time needed for bruising and swelling to go down.
When can I shower and/or swim?
You may take a nice bath, resume swimming, and/or get into a hot tub about four weeks after surgery. You may consult with Dr. Roth before doing any of these activities to prevent any risk of infection.
How much does a armlift cost in Houston, TX?
A surgeon’s fee in Houston, TX may vary based on the type of cosmetic procedure chosen during consultation and your envisioned outcome from the plastic surgery.
What are included in armlift costs?
Some of the items included in the total cost of cosmetic surgery include anesthesia fees, medical tests, prescriptions for medications, and surgeon’s fee. Dr. Roth and his Houston staff will consult with you affordable cosmetic surgery and customize an brachioplasty package just for you.